Donor Advised Fund
What is a Donor-Advised Fund?
A donor-advised fund (DAF) is a charitable investment account set up through your financial institution or community foundation. DAFs can provide you with immediate tax benefits while making your charitable giving to The Mother Church easier.
How to Make a Gift from Your Donor-Advised Fund
There are two ways you can make a gift through your DAF to The Mother Church:
1. Make an Outright Gift
- Go to the box below
- Type in the name of the financial institution that administers your donor-advised fund (for example, Vanguard)
- When your financial institution's name appears, you will be taken to your fund's login page
- Once you are on your fund's DAF page, search for The First Church of Christ, Scientist
- The First Church of Christ, Scientist's Tax ID# is 04-2254742
- Gifts can be designated to the General Fund / Per Capita Tax, Endowment Fund or Monitor Operating Fund only if distinct fund designation instructions are written on the check from the DAF or if your DAF administrator includes an accompanying letter that references the designated funds.
- For questions related to your DAF, contact your fund administrator
2. Designate The First Church of Christ, Scientist as a beneficiary of your DAF when fund terminates
- Contact the fund administrator for the beneficiary designation form
- On the beneficiary designation form, enter the following legal name and address:
The First Church of Christ, Scientist
210 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
- Some accounts may require a tax ID. The Mother Church's Tax ID# is 04-2254742
- If possible, please designate on the form, one of the following funds: General Fund, Endowment Fund or Monitor Operating Fund