Question: What is my Per Capita Tax?
Answer: The Church Manual states “Every member of The Mother Church shall pay annually a per capita tax of not less than one dollar, which shall be forwarded each year to the Church Treasurer”(p.44:12, SECT. 13). For members, the first contribution to the General Fund (unrestricted donation) during a given year satisfies payment of the Per Capita Tax.

Question: Where do I mail my Per Capita Tax payment?
     The First Church of Christ, Scientist
     Treasurer - P. O. Box 239103
     Boston, MA 02123-9103
Please make check payable to: The First Church of Christ, Scientist

Question: How can I change/update my credit card information?
Answer: You may call us at 800-288-7155 , ext. 3288. We do not accept credit card information via email.

Question: I did not receive my annual PCT form. I did not receive my receipt. Who can I contact?
Answer: Contact our Philanthropy team by email at, or by phone at 800-288-7155 , ext. 3288.

Question: What happened to my Membership card usually issued with my PCT?
Answer: Church membership cards were not issued until the early 1970s when they were needed for admission to Annual Meeting. About 10 years ago, membership cards were no longer needed to enter Annual Meeting. As a result, there is currently no Church business use for them and therefore they are no longer provided.

Question: Who can I contact regarding my new and established Gift Annuities or Charitable Remainder Trusts? What about my payments, tax issues, address or banking changes, or even issues being handled by those possessing Power of Attorney, as well as executors?
Answer: Contact our Trust Officer by email at, or by phone at 617-450-3223.

Question: Do you need information about benevolence or our restricted funds?
Answer: Contact our Benevolence team by email at

Question: Are you an Attorney, Trustee, Executor or Personal Representative? Do you have questions about an outside trust or estate?
Answer: Contact our Estates and Trusts team by email at