Naming The Mother Church as a beneficary of an IRA, brokerage or other account (see list below) is an easy way to provide generous support for The Mother Church after your lifetime when you no longer have need of the asset.
Beneficiary Designations are:
- Low-cost and simple to arrange
- Will not alter your current income or lifestyle
- Can be a tax-wise gift for your estate
Make The Mother Church a Beneficiary of Your:
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- Brokerage Account
- Bank Accounts
- Pension Plan
- Life Insurance Policies
Steps to Designate The Mother Church as a Beneficiary:
1. Contact your financial institution, plan administrator, or life insurance agent for the procedures required to revise your beneficiary designations on your bank accounts and retirement plan accounts.
2. Enter the following in the space provided on the beneficiary designation forms:
The First Church of Christ, Scientist
Office of the Treasurer
210 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts 02115-3195
3. Please include one of the following two funds to designate your gift:
Some accounts may require a tax ID. The Mother Church's tax ID is # 04-2254742.