How to proceed
All real estate gifts require close consultation and coordination with our Planned Giving office. If you are interested in contributing a home or farm, while reserving lifetime occupancy for yourself or someone else, please e-mail, call or write us.
We will help you determine the following.
- The portion of your gift that would be tax deductible
- Appraisal requirements, the process for transferring title, and necessary forms and receipts you will need
- Your rights and responsibilities after the gift occurs
- Possible options in the future event that you no longer wish to use the property
In order to give you the most accurate information, we will need you to share the following information.
- The current value of the land
- The current value of any house or other structures on the property
- Your date of birth, and the date of birth of any other person (such as a spouse) who will have continued use of the property
- Information on any mortgage or loan against the property
- Your adjusted basis in the property, if there is a mortgage or other loan outstanding
A simple telephone call or letter can get the process started. You can contact our office at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-288-7155, extension 3288, or write to us at the address below. We looking forward to hearing from you.
The First Church of Christ, Scientist
210 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, MA 02115-3195 USA