How to proceed
If you are interested in arranging a charitable lead trust, please e-mail, call or write our office. We will help you determine the following.
The minimum funding amount
- The approximate federal transfer tax savings (gift tax, estate tax and/or generation-skipping transfer tax) available from your trust
- Your income tax charitable deduction, if the trust is to be structured as a grantor trust
- The approximate value of trust income payments to the Church
- The estimated value of the remainder interest to your family
In order to give you the most accurate information, we will need you to share the following information.
- Whether you wish to fund the trust immediately or establish the trust through your estate plan
- Whether you prefer that the Church receive fixed annual payments (the annuity lead trust) or variable payments (the lead unitrust)
- The amount of annual payments you wish the Church to receive
- The value of the cash or assets you would use to fund the trust
- Your cost basis in investment assets that will be transferred to the trust
- The number of years you prefer that the trust should last before distributing principal to you or to your family
You can contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-288-7155, extension 3288, or write to us at the address below. We look forward to hearing from you.
The First Church of Christ, Scientist
210 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, MA 02115-3195 USA