How to proceed
If you are interested in arranging a charitable gift annuity, please e-mail, call or write our office. We will help you determine the following.
- The amount of your annual payments
- The portion that will be tax free
- The amount of your income tax charitable deduction
- The amount of any reportable capital gain, if appreciated securities are being transferred
In order to give you the most accurate information, we will need you to share the following information.
- The amount of cash and/or the market value of securities you might contribute
- Your date of birth, and the dates of birth of the other beneficiaries, if any
- Your Social Security number, and that of the other beneficiaries, if any
If you intend to use securities for your charitable gift annuity, we will also need to know the following information.
- A detailed list of the securities to be contributed
- The date you purchased the securities and how much they cost (your cost basis)
- Whether the securities are held in certificate form
- The name, telephone, and e-mail of your broker. You will need to authorize your broker to speak with us about your account and to make the desired transfers.
You can contact our office at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-288-7155, extension 3288, or write to us at the address below. We look forward to hearing from you.
The First Church of Christ, Scientist
210 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, MA 02115-3195 USA