How to proceed
If you are interested in making a gift of a business interest, please e-mail, write or call our office.
We will help you determine the following.
- The tax benefits of transferring shares of stock or partnership interests to the Church
- The possibility of funding a charitable remainder trust or charitable lead trust with shares in your business
- The general procedure for making gifts of business interests
In order to give you the most accurate information, we will need you to share the following information.
- How your business is organized: C corporation, partnership, LLC, or other
- The nature of the business
- Your role in the company and your approximate percentage of ownership
- Whether you are interested in an outright, immediate gift, or a gift that provides lifetime income or other benefits to you or family members
- Whether you are anticipating sale of a business interest in the near future
- Whether you plan eventually to transfer the business to family members or employees
You can contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-288-7155, extension 3288, or write to us at the address below. We look forward to hearing from you.
The First Church of Christ, Scientist
210 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, MA 02115-3195 USA