How to proceed
Making The First Church of Christ, Scientist the beneficiary of a retirement account is essentially a matter of completing a beneficiary form provided by your account manager. If you are interested in providing for the Church through your retirement plan, please e-mail, call or write our office.
We are pleased to advise you:
- Our correct legal name, for use in filling out the beneficiary designation, and other information that may be required by your plan administrator in order to complete the beneficiary designation
- Suggested language to fit any special needs or circumstance
You will need to share with us:
- The type of retirement plan in which you participate: 401(k) plan, 403(b) plan, Individual Retirement Account, etc.
- Whether you are currently married (except for IRAs, a spousal waiver will be required)
- The amount you intend to leave to the Church
- Your desire to learn more about the possibility of reserving lifetime income from this gift, to benefit a family member or loved one
- Any pertinent contact information, including address and telephone, of the manager of your retirement account
You can contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-288-7155, extension 3288, or write to us at the address below. We look forward to hearing from you.
The First Church of Christ, Scientist
210 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, MA 02115-3195 USA