How to proceed
If you are interested in making a gift of securities, we would be pleased to assist you and answer your questions. You may e-mail, call or write our office, and we will help you determine the following.
- Our contact information, for your broker's information, if securities are held in a brokerage account (street name)
- The exact transfer process if you have possession of the actual stock certificates
- The value of your securities, for deduction purposes, on the transfer date to the Church
In order to give you the most accurate information, we will need you to share the following information.
- The name of the stocks, their purchase price (basis), date of purchase, CUSIP number, and your broker's contact information
- The contact information for your mutual fund account manager, if you intend to transfer mutual fund shares. We will also need a copy of your mutual fund statement. Please note that a transfer of mutual fund shares may require significant time to process.
You can contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-288-7155, extension 3288, or write to us at the address below. We look forward to hearing from you.
The First Church of Christ, Scientist
210 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, MA 02115-3195 USA