How to proceed
If you are interested in making a gift of mineral rights, such as oil and gas interests, to the Church, please e-mail, call or write our office.
We will help you determine the following.
- Our correct legal name, for use by your attorney in drafting deeds or other transfer documents
- The approximate income tax and capital gains tax savings available from your gift
- Appraisal issues for gifts of your interest
- Details of the transfer and gift acceptance process
In order to give you the most accurate information, we will need you to share the following information.
- The type of interest you propose to contribute and an estimate of its current value
- Any other interests you may own in the property on which the interest is located
- Your basis in the interest
- How the interest is owned (in partnership, for example)
- Whether a sale of your interest is currently pending
- Whether you wish to reserve lifetime income or other benefits from your gift for a family member
You can contact our office at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-288-7155, extension 3288, or write to us at the address below. We look forward to hearing from you.
The First Church of Christ, Scientist
210 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, MA 02115-3195 USA